Friday, November 1, 2013

The brand new 2012 Jaguar XFR


2012 Jaguar XFR images


This 2012 Jaguar XFR is one finely dressed assassin. With elegant white paint that shines and looks sporty and a dark, leather-laden interior, this XFR is spot-on as to how I would spec out a Jaguar-if I ever have the means to acquire one.



I was supremely impressed with the cabin, which has pleasing touch points everywhere. I mean, everywhere. The leather on the doors, the headliner and the white stitching made a Mercedes-Benz that I drove recently look pedestrian. Add in the carbon-fiber veneer that bisects the dash, and you have one stately interior. It’s hard not to like a sinister, jet-black interior in an athletic-endeavoring luxury sedan. It makes the correct statement that this is expensive, but it’s there to be driven. Just in comfort.



Speaking of that, dialing up dynamic mode from a button in the center console adds a bit more response to the car, though it’s fine in the base setting. This supercharged V8 is a rocket, achieving irrational speeds effortlessly. The transmission is generally smooth, though the kickdowns can be a touch unsettling. With tornado warnings in the area on the night I piloted this Jag, the ground was generally wet, which meant some outrageously fun tire spinning for me.



The XFR is a big car, and it handles well. Personally I like large, rear-wheel-drive sedans, so this luxury liner’s dynamics are tailored my tastes. I’ve been impressed with Jag’s styling, with the raked C-pillar, subtle curves and elegant styling cues such as the quarter-panel vents and tasteful yet bold grille. This is a smart, contemporary look for Jaguar. Add in the dark wheels, and you have a sporty look with a slight sinister streak.



The negatives? It does enjoy fuel. And the electronics can be a bit challenging to pick up during a one-night stint, though I did figure out the climate and audio expeditiously enough.



More Pictures of 2012 Jaguar XFR


2012 Jaguar XFR


2012 Jaguar XFR design


New Jaguar XFR


No comments:

Post a Comment